Ahmed Khan: Islamophobia
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Duration: 1.00 hrs
Category: Student Life/Family
Mankind always fears what it does not/cannot understand. This interrelates to how phobias are born. When it comes to Islam, it is no different. Why do people develop ignorance about different things around the world? The answer to this question is that people begin to base personal opinions on incorrect information or myths.
This lecture will attempt to discuss the top ten myths against Islam; for example;
Once individuals realize that these are only myths about Islam than a true understanding and a greater reverence begins to develop for it. In the end just like all faiths that teach mankind to do good Islamic teachings are based upon peace and understanding.
- Islam seeks to ban freedom of speech.
- Islam has subjugated and imprisoned women (mentally or physically).
- Islam represents and teaches violence.
- Islam represents inequality at all levels (men vs women, poor vs. rich, etc).
- Islam does not have diversity and is part of an Arab cultural agenda.
- Islam does not care about interfaith.
- Heaven is exclusive only to Muslims.
- Islam teaches disloyalty to the country you live in.
- There is nothing moderate or modern about Islam.
- Jihad means a holy war to kill innocent people.
The FVTC Speaker Series is Free and Open to the Public.
Student Life Center