Free Fox Cities Bike Challenge Kick-Off Event
Fox Valley Technical College
1825 N. Bluemound Drive, Appleton
April 20 1-2:30pm in A170 (North Parking Lot - Entrance 16)
Local bike shops & bike enthusiasts will be here in an expo style event to share information.
- Learn everything you need to know about the 2013 Fox Cities Bike Challenge
- Demonstrations on how to change a flat tire, helmet fitting, quick safety checks from Fox Cities-area bike shops
- FREE bike safety checks
- Commuting information from Fox Cities Greenways
- Learn about the summer "ticketing" program by area law enforcement for kids who are using proper safety equipment
- PRIZES and more...
A bike corral will be available outside Entrance 16 for those riding their bike to the event! About the National Bike Challenge
Join the 2013 Fox Cities Bike Challenge, part of the National Bike Challenge!
- Free and easy for all ages!
- Join with family, friends, co-workers or go solo!
- Ride anywhere – down the street, to work, to school, to the store!
- Help the Fox Cities win 1st place in the US! In 2012 Appleton came in 2nd out of 650+ metro areas.
How it works:
Register at http://nationalbikechallenge.org/
and log miles via website or use free app Challenge runs May 1 through September 30, 2013
Monthly prizes based on points earned – 20 points each day you ride at least 1 mile, plus 1 point per mile. Encouragement rides throughout the program. Fox Cities Goal: 2,500 participants and 1 million miles