Agriculture Power Equipment
Program Code: 10-003-2
Print Program Overview and Courses
Associate Degree: 2 Years, 69 Credits
Financial Aid Eligible
The Agriculture Power Equipment associate degree program trains you for a position with companies that manufacture, service and sell agriculture power equipment and agriculture materials handling equipment. As a graduate of this program, you will have excellent employment opportunities as a service technician, parts person, parts manager, service/warranty writer, or customer service/sales representative at an Agriculture Power Equipment dealership.
While enrolled in this two-year associate degree program, you will take classes in electronic controlled diesel engines, drive trains, hydraulics and electrical systems, air conditioning, materials handling equipment, harvesting equipment, business management, and customer service. This program stresses hands-on training and diagnostic and trouble shooting skills that are critical for this industry. As part of the program, you will be required to complete an on-the-job training internship at an Agriculture Power Equipment dealership or work related to the program.
Program/Plan Admission Requirements
Graduates of the Agriculture Power Equipment program will be able to:
Program Offered at This Location
- Demonstrate communication skills, written and verbal, needed for dealing with customers and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Develop skills to perform engine maintenance, fuel systems repair and major diesel engine overhaul.
- Demonstrate technical ability and competency to diagnose and service electrical systems and hydraulic systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and repair drive train systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and service air conditioning systems.
- Obtain WI Air Conditioning Certificate.
- Demonstrate technical ability to understand, operate, and service tillage, planting, forage, and grain harvesting equipment.
- Demonstrate technical ability and competency to diagnose and service materials handling equipment.
- Develop safe procedures and practices for all phases of service and repair of agriculture and outdoor power equipment.
- Develop a basic understanding of business management skills, including service and parts department management, sales, and customer service.
- Develop the skills associated with computer-based systems on agriculture equipment. (Guidance systems and precision land management). Use of computers will be stressed.
- Develop the skills needed for remote diagnostics.
Helpful High School Courses
- Appleton—1825 N. Bluemound Drive
Agriculture, technical education, computers, math and related industry courses are helpful.
For additional information, call or e-mail Tom Yost at (920) 735-2556 or visit the department website at www.fvtc.edu/agdept.
For additional program/admission information, View Program Plan.