Program Code: 10-006-2
Print Program Overview and Courses
Associate Degree: 2 Years, 68 Credits
Financial Aid Eligible
If you're interested in a career in agriculture, consider the Agribusiness/Science Technology Associate Degree. This program prepares students for positions in industries that serve the agricultural community and presents an excellent opportunity for persons who enjoy agriculture and its related industries. After completion of this program of study, students have the opportunity for employment into the industry, or continue their education at a four-year college or university through established articulation agreements. Agribusiness/Science Technology program graduates may progress into a variety of agribusiness career pathways. Some of these include:
- Agribusiness/Farm Supply Department Manager
- Nutrient Management Planner
- Crop Scout
- Certified Custom Applicator
- Crop Production Specialist
- Livestock or Dairy Herd Manager
- Livestock Management Technician
- A.I. Technician
- Dairy/Livestock Nutritionist
- Feed/Animal Health Sales/Consulting
- Agriculture Service Representative
- Lab Technician
While enrolled in this two-year program, students will take exciting hands-on courses in animal science, animal nutrition, integrated pest management, commodity marketing, soil science, crop production, precision agriculture, agriculture sales, and business management courses. A career pathway on-the-job internship is part of the program requirements.
Program/Plan Admission Requirements
The Agri-Business/Science Technology program at Fox Valley Technical College is a hands-on associate degree program. It provides multi-disciplinary and specialized training in crop protection, dairy/livestock management and agribusiness marketing.
This program provides students with the necessary skills, technical knowledge and attitudes needed for successful employment. Fox Valley Technical College has made a commitment to the future of agriculture and agribusiness as represented by its partnerships with industry organizations.
Program Offered at This Location
- Create a crop management plan.
- Develop an agri-business management plan.
- Apply economic and marketing strategies to agribusiness industry.
- Apply relevant technologies.
- Create a livestock management plan.
- Investigate opportunities in agribusiness.
- Interact as a professional in agribusiness.
Helpful High School Courses
- Appleton—1825 N. Bluemound Drive
Agriculture and natural sciences, computers, biology, math and chemistry are useful classes.
For additional information, call or e-mail Randy Tenpas at (920) 735-5673 or visit the department website at www.fvtc.edu/agdept.
For additional program/admission information, View Program Plan.