Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Program Code: 10-623-7
Print Program Overview and Courses
Associate Degree: 2 Years, 61 Credits
Appleton and Oshkosh Campuses
Financial Aid Eligible
The Applied Engineering Technology (AET) program is designed to prepare you to enter today's fast-paced and evolving work environment as a technician. This specialty provides an understanding of the methods used by an industrial/manufacturing engineering technician to design and improve processes and production facilities. Completion of this program serves as preparation for a professional certification exam.
The AET program consists of 60-61 credits (14-15 credits are specific to the track) offered year round in a flexible, predominantly online format, allowing learners to set their own study schedule. See an advisor for details.
Program/Plan Admission Requirements
Graduates of any of the specialty tracks within the Applied Engineering Technology program will be able to:
Program Offered through These Locations
- Identify the basic elements and systems of different manufacturing environments.
- Exhibit a continuous improvement approach to operational excellence.
- Communicate technical information using appropriate methods and tools.
- Interpret technical communications such as engineering drawings, manufacturing routings, and SPC tools.
- Apply statistical tools to characterize process performance and assess product quality.
- Decrease the impact of processes on the environment.
Helpful High School Courses
- Appleton-1825 N. Bluemound Drive
- Oshkosh Campus - 150 N. Campbell Road
- Chilton Regional Center
Algebra, accounting, general business, computer skills, print reading, speech, AutoCAD, and statistics.
For additional information, call or e-mail Janet Braun, Dept. Chair at email@example.com (920) 735-4718 or Ellen Jack, Instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org (920) 996-2964 or Lee Binz, Instructor at email@example.com (920) 735-5690 or visit the department website at www.fvtc.edu/aet.
For additional program/admission information, View Program Plan.