Electrical Power Generator Service Technician
Program Code: 20-412-1
For students who are interested in working on electrical power generation equipment.
- Learn the theory and operation of electrical generators.
- Prepare to test, adjust and troubleshoot generators, voltage regulators and frequency problems.
- Calculate power factor and identify the effects of reactive loading on the engine and generator.
- Prepare to perform preventive maintenance on generators.
- Choose to become certified through the Electrical Generating Systems Association after completing this certificate.
- Some courses are only available evenings.
- Prior experience on engine repair and diagnosis is helpful.
Other Transportation-related certificates:
- Automotive Service Management
- CDL Straight Truck
- Diesel Advanced Technician
- Diesel/Caterpillar Construction Equipment Technician
- Diesel/Caterpillar Electric Power & Marine Engine Technician
- Diesel/Caterpillar Engine Technician
- Diesel/Caterpillar Rental Store Equipment Technician
- Exploring Automotive Careers
To begin, contact:
1825 N. Bluemound Drive
P.O. Box 2277
Appleton, WI 54912-2277