Photovoltaic Installation Technician
Program Code: 20-413-5
For individuals entering the photovoltaic (solar) field as well as trade professionals and engineers.
- Study renewable energies, safety, blueprint reading, and photovoltaic design and installation.
- Prepare for entry level employment with a certified PV Installer or other solar industry company.
- Take advantage of a professional growth opportunity.
- Prepare to sit for the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) Entry Level Certificate Program exam.
- Receive an OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety Completion card and a Powered Industrial Truck Operator Completion card.
- Transfer credits to the Electricity technical diploma program.
- Classes offered days, evenings and weekends.
- Some courses available online.
Note: A basic level of electrical background is recommended for students entering this certificate program.
Other Construction-related certificates:
- Construction Project Supervision
- Electrical Code, National
- Energy Auditor (Residential)
To begin, contact:
1825 N. Bluemound Drive
P.O. Box 2277
Appleton, WI 54912-2277