Power Sports Technology
Program Code: 20-461-2
For anyone who wants to become a Power Sports Technician in the recreational field. Program prerequisite is previous degree/diploma or training in agricultural equipment, outdoor power equipment, auto technology, auto collision, or diesel equipment.
**Not available for online application. Power Sports Technology Instructor consent required. Please call Jerry Fischer at (920) 993-5125 for more information.
- Learn about repairs on ATVs, snowmobiles, motorcycles, and marine and personal watercraft.
- Gain knowledge in pre-delivery inspections, tune-ups and repairs, clutches, transmissions, differentials, brakes, fuel systems, engine repairs, electrical, and troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- File live repair orders and work order forms and keep records of inventory and equipment.
- Explore advanced troubleshooting and detail repairs.
- Prepare for Arctic Cat Technician certification in snowmobiles and ATVs.
- Prepare for a written test to earn the Arctic Cat Basic Cat Master Technician certification for snowmobiles and ATVs.
- Complete certificate program over two semesters with a total of 12 credits per semester.
- Take classes in the evening at the Appleton campus.
- Tools supplied by the college allowing you to leave your own tools at your place of employment.
Other Agriculture, Horticulture & Natural Resources certificates:
- Crop Application Specialist
- Exploring Agriculture, Horticulture & Natural Resources
- Golf Course Turf & Equipment Technician
- Greenhouse Grower/Plant Propagation Technician
- Landscape Construction Technician
- Landscape Maintenance Technician
- Landscape Series, Home Owners
- Natural Food Production Technician
- Urban Forestry Technician
To begin, contact:
1825 N. Bluemound Drive
P.O. Box 2277
Appleton, WI 54912-2277