Criminal Justice Executive Development Institute
Program Code: 20-504-5
For current and future command staff leaders presently serving in criminal justice agencies.
- Address professional growth needs.
- Attend a series of eight one-week sessions over a period of 12 months.
- Apply learned concepts as you attend to the day-to-day needs of your agency.
- Explore the following trained topics: Management Principles and Leadership Skills; Personal Growth and Development; Managing the Criminal Justice Planning Process; Human Resource Development; Resource Allocation Management of Law Enforcement Operations; Building Community Support; the Future of Law Enforcement; and Public Financing and Budgeting.
Note: To apply for this certificate, follow the instructions below. DO NOT apply through FVTC Enrollment Services. To apply:
1. Call Criminal Justice at (920) 735-2482 and request an EDI Application Form.
2. Assemble an application packet that includes all of the following:
- Completed application form.
- Letter of recommendation from your agency's Chief Executive Officer.
- Applicant narrative on the importance of management and leadership in a criminal justice agency.
- Personal resume.
3. Return complete application packet to Criminal Justice Department at FVTC.
4. Upon successful completion of the Institute, credits are available in the following programs:
- 16 credits toward an associate degree in Criminal Justice-Law Enforcement from Fox Valley Technical College
- 12 credits toward a bachelor’s degree in Public Service Administration from Silver Lake College
- 10 credits toward a master’s degree in Management and Organizational Behavior from Silver Lake College
- 9 credits toward a master’s degree in Criminal Justice from UW-Platteville
- 6 credits toward a master’s degree in Public Administration from UW-Oshkosh
For further program information, call or e-mail Mark Kohl at (920) 831-4367.
For registration information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (920) 735-2482.
Fee includes all instructional materials, coffee breaks and noon meals.
Lodging and travel are your responsibility.
Other Law Enforcement & Public Safety-related certificates:
- Child Protection Investigator
- Crime Prevention
- Criminal Investigator
- Cyber Crime Investigation
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Advanced
- Evidence Technician
- Evidence Technician - Advanced
- Exploring Public Safety Careers
- Fire Investigator
- Loss Prevention Specialist
- Private Investigation Specialist
- Wildland Fire Advanced Equipment Training
To begin, contact:
Criminal Justice Department
1825 N. Bluemound
P.O. Box 2277
Appleton, WI 54912-2277