AODA Specialty Education
Program Code: 20-550-3
For people who hold or are in the process of gaining licensure as a professional counselor, clinical social worker, or marriage and family therapist in the state of Wisconsin and seek certification as a substance abuse counselor.
Other Human Services-related certificates:
- Provides licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, Clinical Social Workers, or Professional Counselors with the 180 hours of education across the four knowledge domains listed in the Wisconsin Code MPSW 1.09 as part of the specialty in substance abuse counseling.
- Completion of this certificate will help make the student eligible for an AODA "Specialty," the equivalent of the Substance Abuse Counselor (SAC) credential in Wisconsin.
- Applicants must have an advising session with the AODA Department Chair prior to admission to the certificate and show evidence of licensure or application for the same.
- Limited online course availability.
- All courses offered in evenings.
To begin, contact:
- Child Care Administrator
- Substance Abuse Counselor in Training
- Substance Abuse Counselor Education
Greg Delaney, MSE, CSAC
Fox Valley Technical College
1825 N. Bluemound Drive
P.O. Box 2277
Appleton, WI 54912-2277