Program Code: 31-106-1
Print Program Overview and Courses
Technical Diploma: 1 Year, 30 Credits
Appleton and Oshkosh Campuses
Financial Aid Eligible
As an office assistant and part of a business team, you handle a variety of responsibilities including typing correspondence, reports and letters; sorting mail and filing; answering telephones; and greeting customers. An interest in customer service and an ability to be flexible are attributes of the successful office assistant.
You may be employed in a wide variety of business offices such as schools, banks, manufacturing firms, insurance companies, government offices and hospitals.
The Office Assistant program emphasizes keyboarding, communications and computer skills. You also study various processes and procedures related to the business office.
Program/Plan Admission Requirements
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
Program Offered at These Locations
- Demonstrate effective workplace communications.
- Apply technology skills to business and administrative tasks.
- Perform routine administrative procedures.
- Maintain internal and external relationships.
- Model professionalism in the workplace.
Helpful High School Courses
- Appleton—1825 N. Bluemound Drive
- Oshkosh Riverside—150 N. Campbell Road
Courses in business math, English and high school typing or keyboarding are very helpful.
For additional program/admission information, View Program Plan