The admissions process for the Pilot Program is broken down into two checklists. Please note that entrance into the pilot specific courses is based on the completion of checklists 1 and 2.
Core coursework in the Aeronautics-Pilot Training and Aeronautics-Professional Pilot Program begins in Fall only each year. Students may enter the program in Spring but may only take General Education courses.
Applicants currently holding a Private Pilot Certificate must schedule a Private Pilot Credit Transfer Assessment with a FVTC flight instructor no earlier than January 1 prior to the fall Pilot courses of that calendar year.
CHECKLIST #1: Acceptance to Fox Valley Technical College
- Apply to Fox Valley Technical College (includes $30 nonrefundable fee)
- Submit transcripts
- Complete the admissions assessment
- Contact Amy Rachubinski at (920) 236-6112 or email@example.com to set up a tour and/or program overview session.
- Carefully read and sign the appropriate Private Pilot Intent form. The signed form will be available at your tour/program overview session with Amy Rachubinski (920) 236-6112 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The signed form must be submitted to FVTC SJ Spanbauer Center Admissions.
- Official high school transcripts or GED/HSED certification scores sent at the time of application. Current high school students must submit an in-progress transcript at the time of application and an official final transcript after graduation.
CHECKLIST #2: Requirements for Pilot Specific Courses
Once these items are completed, you will receive information in March regarding the New Student Registration Session to take place in April.
- Apply for financial aid (if necessary)
- Accuplacer Arithmetic score of 46 (65 needed for enrollment in Tech Math 1A) or ACT Math 18 or equivalent Program Prep course.
- Accuplacer Sentence score of 83 or ACT English 18 or equivalent Program Prep course.
- Accuplacer Reading score of 54 or ACT Reading 18 or equivalent Program Prep course.
- Submit a 1st or 2nd Class Medical Certificate issued within the last 12 months by an FAA-approved Aviation Medical Examiner (AME). A 3rd Class Certificate is NOT acceptable. A student pilot certificate should be obtained at the time of the exam. Please indicate this when setting up your appointment.
- Supply verification of citizenship. This requirement can be completed in one of the following ways:
If you are not a U.S. citizen, you must contact instructor Jared Huss: email@example.com.
- United States Passport,
- An official birth certificate AND driver’s license, OR
- Certificate of Naturalization AND driver’s license.
The Pilot programs are in high demand. Spots in pilot specific courses are limited and are offered on a first-come-first-serve basis. Completing all checklist items does not guarantee a spot. It is in your best interest to submit these items as soon as possible. Send application materials to:
Fox Valley Technical College
3601 Oregon St
Oshkosh, WI 54902
For more information or to schedule a tour
Call or email Amy
at (920) 236-6112 or firstname.lastname@example.org