Reid Adv. Techniques of Interview & Interrogation
November 7, 2014; Class Number: 20029Length: 7 Hours
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Fox Valley Technical College
Training Limited To:
This training is designed for law enforcement personnel who are responsible for interviewing and interrogation.
Presented by John E. Reid & Associates
Basic Reid Techniques of Interviewing & Interrogation Training
- Stages of the interrogation: defiant stage, neutral stage and acceptance stage
- Profiling suspects for interrogation
- Real need and impulse crimes
Upon completion of this training, each participant should be able to:
Participants Will Receive:
- Psychologically profile suspects for the interrogation
- Identify seven ways to get defiant suspects to listen to you
- Improvise tactics when the nine steps aren't working
- Address consequences openly with suspects whose fear of punishment outweighs the anxiety to confess
- Identify nine ways to change the suspect's perception of the interrogator by using bonding statements
- Identify four ways to lead a suspect more quickly to an admission when they are neutral or have tuned you out
- Reverse the suspect's own defensive tactics to elicit a confession
- Identify three tactics to get suspects to confess when alternatives have not worked
- Use procedures of evidence implication as an international strategy
All instruction and training materials are included in the fee.