Field Training Officer - Supervisory
Dates: November 3 - 6, 2014; Class Number: 20017
Length: 32 Hours
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: Fox Valley Technical College, Appleton Campus
To REGISTER, click here.
Training Topics Offered:
- Structure of the evaluation process
- FTO scheduling
- Review of probationer's manual
- Assessing the program
- Instructional techniques
- Conducting meetings
- Preparing reports and recommendations
- Supervising during step V: The Solo Patrol Certification Period
Strong emphasis is placed on the critical role the supervisor plays in the execution of a successful FTO program for agencies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss field training issues as well as hands-on completion of the training materials during small group and individual exercises.
Participants Should Bring:
Who Should Attend:
- A pocket calculator
- A copy of your departments current field training and evaluation process manual(s)/form
This four-day training program is specifically designed for first-line patrol and support services personnel responsible for supervising field training officers and probationary employees, as well as individuals responsible for supervising the FTO program for their agency.
Bruce A. Sokolove & David R. Locke
Field Training Associates