8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Cost:
Fox Valley Technical College, Transportation Building, WDDC TrackTo REGISTER, click here.
Training Topics Offered:
NOTE: Non-PIT exercises will require the student to bring their department authorized squad car for those courses. FVTC provided vehicles will be utilized for the PIT exercises and simulations.
- Constitutional and policies regulating pursuits.
- WI law relating to Induced to Stop Techniques and Forced to Stop Techniques.
- Policies relating to vehicle stops, induced and forced to stop techniques.
- Standard vehicle operation in emergency and pursuit driving exercises.
- Roadblocks, channeling and other intervention concepts and techniques.
- PIT application and simulation exercises.
***This is not an instructor certification course***
Who Should Attend:
Any certified law enforcement officer or correctional officer that needs advanced level driver training specially geared toward PIT certification.