This is a qualifying contest for the State contest. The top 40% of the teams will qualify for the State FFA Career Development Event. (The percentages qualified at area contests is based on the percentage of full 3- or 4-person teams indicating that they are attempting to qualify at an area contest.)
- This contest will involve judging:
- NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED!
- Four (4) groups of live dairy cows (two classes on each of two farms)
- A written pedigree test
- Placing four animal pedigrees based off parent averages and other pedigree information
- Giving oral reasons on one set of the live animal judged
- Notes may be used -- but will score higher as student uses notes less
- Oral reasons given after all four classes are judged on the farms
- Each school may enter one qualifying team OR one practice team.
- Each team member must bring a clipboard and #2 pencil.
- Note: Dress appropriate for outside weather conditions.
- Contestants are to assemble in room F121 (Door #4)
Please review the state FFA Career Development Events.
|High School Committee: