State Floriculture Contest
This is a qualifying contest for the state FFA Career Development event. The top 3 teams will qualify for the State FFA Career Development Event.
The purpose of this contest is to stimulate interest in the production and marketing of cut and pot plant flowers, bedding plants and foliage plants.
The objectives of the contest are the same as those of the State Floriculture contests.
Description of the Contest
- NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED!
- The percentages qualified at area contests is based on the percentage of full 3- or 4-person teams indicating that they are attempting to qualify at an area contest.
- Top three team members = team score.
- The contest will consist of the following phases:
- A general knowledge examination consisting of 50 multiple choice questions. A period of 50 minutes will be allowed for this phase. Each question is worth one point.
- Identification of 25 common floriculture-greenhouse items such as Perlite, Peat, and Pot's. A period of 25 minutes will be allowed for this phase. Each item is worth one point.
- Identification of 50 plants from the National Floriculture Plant Identification list. A period of 30-40 minutes will be allowed for this phase. Each item is worth one point.
- The contest will start at 8:30 a.m. or shortly thereafter, and tardiness will most likely cause late participants to lose points.
- Each contestant should bring a clipboard and a #2 pencil.
Each school may enter one qualifying team OR one practice team. Please review the state FFA Career Development Events.
Contestants will assemble in the Commons.
If there are any questions, please call :
|High School Committee:
||Green Bay East
||Dr. Mike Compton|
||John T. Porior|