Getting Skills Right: 10 Skills Every Employer Wants
Getting skills right…it’s a challenge confronting employers as the workforce ages, diversifies and transitions. Explore the 10 skills experts and Forbes Magazine agree are in-demand and deliver performance results. The critical skill sets of communication, computer technology, leadership and sales—the people and productivity skills—add individual, team and organization value when applied in the workplace.
Fox Valley Technical College has the tools to develop the talent of your workforce. Join us, the morning of September 10, 2013, and explore more.
Select up to two 45-minute overviews:
These sample offerings are brief complimentary sessions which provide a sampling of strategies and offerings.Hors d'oeuvres and refreshments provided.
|Session 1||Session 2|
|Think Critically & Creatively||Relate Problem Solving Strategies|
|Improve Judgment & Decision Making||Demonstrate Personal |
|Listen Effectively||Program Technology Solutions|
|Promote Computer Literacy||Acquire Sales Skills|
|Develop Operational Skills||Reinforce Mathematical Reasoning|
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
7:30 - 11:30 AM
Tools for Talent Development
|7:30 AM - 7:45 AM||Registration|
|7:45 AM - 8:15 AM||Team Building Exercise|
|8:20 AM - 9:05 AM||Training Session 1|
|9:05 AM - 9:15 AM||Break|
|9:15 AM - 10:00 AM||Training Session 2|
|10:00 AM - 11:30 AM||Departure or Fab Lab Tour|
Thinking Critically & Creatively
Presented By: Cindy Wetzel
Improve Judgment & Decision Making
Critical and creative thinkers in the workplace analyze, question, create and evaluate alternatives. Examine how this skill can help workers solve problems and make decisions.
- Use proven techniques to evaluate and develop insights
- Understand how critical and creative thinking skills improve employee effectiveness
Presented By: Mitch VesaasRegister
Employee choices impact productivity, work relationships, safety, and even personal careers. See how decisions are arrived at and ways to improve the judgment skills of your workforce.
- Learn to reduce complicated decisions down to simpler steps
- Assess the impact poor decision making has on organization performance
Presented By: Nate Thomas
Promote Computer Literacy
Workplace listening skills assure that specific and complicated directions are not misunderstood or misapplied. Listen actively to improve interpretation, hear with all the senses, and confirm understanding.
- Create a positive communication culture by improving employee listening skills
- Increase communication effectiveness and reduce workplace quality errors
Presented By: Patty Schaefer
Effective computer skills and information literacy improve productivity, data decision making and knowledge transfer. Discover new ways to use MS Office skills to improve workplace productivity.
Develop Operational Skills
- Explore features that are huge time savers and short cuts
- Stay productive using the most popular MS Office tools
Presented By: Dean Witman
Employers continue to build internal capacity to address productivity, process, profitability, and service level improvements. Learn how a workforce skilled in continuous improvement methodologies can positively impact operations and systems.
Relate Problem Solving Strategies
- Recognize the value of developing the in-demand skills of lean and Six Sigma
- Link learning to applied workplace projects with documented results
Presented By: Cindy Wetzel
Problem solving is all about using reasoning, as well as imagination, to address workplace challenges and plan for opportunities. Explore ways to apply problem solving tools and skills for improved results.
Demonstrate Personal Leadership Accountability
- Gain an understanding of high impact problem solving skills like the A3 method
- Identify practical applications of problem solving approaches
Presented By: Dean Murzello
Gain a practical framework for improving personal accountability to achieve what matters most. Help employees take ownership, get more done and realize their full potential. Understand the linkage between personal accountability and improving work habits.
Program Technology Solutions
- Use action plans and reviews to improve work habits and accountability
- Help team members stay on track and fulfill their obligations
Presented By: Jay Stulo
New and creative technology is revolutionizing workplace training, learning and knowledge transfer. Take a digital tour of interactive technologies and programming solutions that can easily be applied to your organization.
Acquire Sales Skills
- Experience low-tech tools to high-tech multimedia digital applications
- Reduce technology fears and take the first step to by being a technology specialist
Presented By: Nate Thomas
Employees at all levels are touching customers through improvement initiatives, customer communication and business development activities. Sustain and grow your business by developing a workforce skilled at customer communication and solutions selling.
Reinforce Mathematical Reasoning
- Explore a 7-step sales process with proven results
- Develop employees with face-to-face, phone, email and shop floor customer contact
Presented By: Michelle Williams
Fundamental math skills help employees address industry problems, calculate ratios, read blueprints, identify discrepancies and perform measurements. Explore an exciting new initiative that brings math skills to workers through online and mobile applications.
- Demonstrate how math skills can be refreshed and reinforced using workplace examples
- Construct workplace scenarios that apply essential math skills
Follow and Tweet!
Follow the conversation
on twitter: #TTTD
Fox Valley Technical College - Business & Industry Services
P: (888) 458-0449 |
P: (920) 735-2525 | F: (920) 735-4771