Diesel Club Constitution
Article I: Name
Section 1: The name of the organization shall be the Diesel Club.
Article II: Organization Purposes
Section 1: The purposes of Diesel Club Diesel Student
- To provide an ongoing support system for all Diesel Club Diesel Students Fox Valley Technical College.
- To promote the interests of Diesel Students.
Article I: Membership
Section 1: Eligibility
Membership shall be open to all Diesel Students.
Section 2: The organization shall not discriminate in any way on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, color, disability, or national origin.
Article II: Officers
Section 1: Positions and Responsibility
Four officers shall comprise the Executive Board. They are the President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. They each have equal voting privileges in all special meetings.
- President: The leading director of the organization. The President's responsibilities are:
- To be the focal point of major communications within the organization.
- To chair all special meetings.
- To call emergency meetings when necessary, and to chair the emergency meetings.
- Vice-President: Assistant to President. The Vice President's responsibilities are:
- To stand in and assume responsibilities of the office of President in the event of sickness or emergency.
- Secretary: The manager of all official paperwork of the organization. The Secretary's responsibilities are:
- To keep accurate minutes of all general meetings.
- To read or provide copies of the minutes from the last general meeting at all subsequent meetings.
- To be responsible for all correspondence.
- Treasurer: The manager of all financial matters of the organization. The Treasurer's responsibilities are:
- To collect all monies due the organization.
- To maintain an accounting of the organization's financial transactions and current financial status.
- To pay the debts of the organization from the treasury
- To give a report of the organization's financial status at all general meetings
Article III: Elections
Section 1: Election of Officers
The elections of officers shall be held in the fall at the beginning of the semester.
Section 2: Vacancy
If a vacancy occurs, the President may appoint a replacement to fill that position, but such appointment must be confirmed by the majority vote of members present at the next regular meeting. The Vice-President shall automatically succeed the President if that position becomes vacant, subject to similar confirmation at the next regular meeting.
Article IV: Meetings
Section 1: Regular membership meetings shall be held on the second Wednesday of each month.
Section 2: Special meetings shall be held as deemed necessary and may be called by the President.