Organizations are constantly looking for qualified welders and metal fabricators to work in a completely revolutionized industry. Fox Valley Technical College offers specialized training to assist employers in developing and improving these skills. A range of services are available and can be tailored to your specific welding or metal fabrication applications.
Customized Skilled Welder Training
Fox Valley Technical College can train participants to skillfully weld
with many different processes. Depending upon your organization’s needs,
we can do a general overview of the process or we can make the training
product specific. To better apply the welding process training, we also
offer welder specific blue print reading and AWS welding symbols
training. Popular services include:
- Welding blueprint reading and symbols
- GMAW (MIG) or wire welding
- GTAW (TIG)
- SMAW or stick welding
Destructive TestingDestructive testing is to take material to its ultimate failure point by means of tensile, bend, Rockwell hardness, and cut and etch testing. This is done extensively in the welding industry as means to verify a successful weld procedure. Each type of test has its special function when it comes to the overall soundness of welds.
- Tensile - This type of test stretches material or weld to failure to see if they meet minimum strength requirements.
- Bend - A testing style used to bend a weld in half to expose possible discontinuities.
- Rockwell Hardness - Rockwell tests are done to prove the strength of materials by seeing how easily a round ball (about the size of a pin head) can be depressed into that material.
- Cut and Macro Etch - The weld joint to be tested is cut perpendicular to the weld and then polished and acid etched to see the actual depth of weld penetration.
Certified Weld Testing
A weld certification provides documentation that you have successfully completed a welding test demonstrating your ability to perform a weld to an industry standard. Weld testing services include:
- State of Wisconsin
- American Welding Society (AWS) credentials
- American Petroleum Institute (API) certification
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) certification
Welding Quality Standards
Fox Valley Technical College is available to assist you with meeting your welding quality needs including:
- Code compliant procedures such as AWS, ASME or other customer specific code
- Pre-qualified procedures can be used for cost efficient application
Weld Process Audits
- Specialized procedures for customer requirements
- Tensile testing, bend testing
- Perform non-biased evaluation of your welding operations
- Recommend process improvements for cost savings and improved efficiencies
Renewal Tracking for Welder Qualifications
Welding Robotics Assistance
Fox Valley Technical College offers specialized training to assist employers in developing and/or improving skills for robot technicians. Fox Valley Technical College can evaluate your company’s current systems and processes and offer custom robotic welding training including assistance with cell planning and design. Training includes systems such as:
- ABB/ASEA S-2, S-3, S-4
- OTC/Daihen C-1, C-2, DR, EX, AX
Customized Weld Cost Analysis
Find out how much that weld really costs. Have a Fox Valley Technical College welding staff member help you evaluate the actual costs involved with your welding processes.
Fox Valley Technical College offers specialized third party options for testing. In testing it is often necessary to have a qualified and neutral party conduct such processes. Many companies find it very advantageous to have a third party handle testing, saving time and labor in the process. Fox Valley Technical College offers:
- Third-Party Testing
- Weld Inspection
- Pre-Hire Testing
Customized Fabrication Skill Training
Even with today’s highly automated world, there is still a great
demand for skilled fabricators. It may be hard to find just the right
people to run your equipment, but there is an answer to your dilemma.
Let Fox Valley Technical College customize fabrication skill training
for you. Our instructors can help teach your employees, on your
equipment, in your facility. We are able to train on most types of
- Water Jet Cutting
- Laser Cutting
- Press Brake Operation
- Tube Bending
- CNC Saw Operation
- Measuring and layout tools
Welding, Weld Certification & Metal Fabrication Training Resources
To arrange on-site or customized welding and metal fabrication training & certification, contact:
Fox Valley Technical College - Business & Industry Services
P: (888) 458-0449 |
P: (920) 735-2525 | F: (920) 735-4771