Fire Extinguisher Operation
Train your workers in the proper and safe use of fire extinguishers. This Environmental Health and Safety workshop introduces the use of hand-held fire extinguishers giving your employees the confidence and skills necessary to take action should a fire occur in the workplace.
The customized training can include:
Training includes fire classification, how to recognize if your extinguisher is appropriate for the situation, parts of an extinguisher, and hands-on use of a fire extinguisher.
- an overview of fire protection equipment in your buildings,
- a review of fire extinguisher types and their safe use,
- identification of fire hazards, classes of fires and how they should be addressed,
- indoor and outdoor use of extinguishers,
- a review of how to handle a fire emergency.
Fire Extinguisher Operation Training Resources
To arrange on-site or
customized fire extinguisher operation training, contact:
Fox Valley Technical College - Business & Industry Services
P: (888) 458-0449 | P: (920) 735-2525 | F: (920) 735-4771