OSHA’s rule on permit-required confined spaces has been in effect since 1994, but worker deaths in confined spaces continue. General industry safety and health regulation 29 CFR 1910.146 Permit-Required Confined Space requires employers with confined spaces to have a written program.
Employers who already have a confined space program are required to evaluate the effectiveness of their program and make changes if necessary. Employees who have been previously trained may need refresher training. By following the program outlined in this training, employers will comply with the OSHA standard.
You will learn about:
- Written program requirements
- Confined space hazards and entry procedures
- Achievement of acceptable atmospheres
- Personal protective equipment requirements
- Atmospheric testing and gas monitors
- Permits and permit system
- Rescue and emergency preparedness
- Program evaluation
Confined Space Entry and Rescue Training Resources
To arrange on-site or
customized confined space entry & rescue training, contact:
Fox Valley Technical College - Business & Industry Services
P: (888) 458-0449 | P: (920) 735-2525 | F: (920) 735-4771