The FAB LAB has an extensive variety of digital fabrication and prototyping equipment to address a broad range of ideas and requirements.
We provide industry expertise at FVTC in engineering and manufacturing who will help you make almost anything on specific technology needed for product prototyping.
Users also have access to the FAB LAB Referral Network,
a group of regional specialists who mentor and assist innovators
through the process of using the FAB LAB and the process of creating
product prototypes. Their hands-on experience in our FAB LAB will help
get you started.
We are able to create rapid, proof-of-concept prototyping so students/inventors/entrepreneurs can validate product designs and determine market viability.
Current FAB LAB equipment includes:
- Laser Engraving Cutter
- Vinyl Cutter
- ShopBot 4 x 8 CNC
- Alaris Objet 30 Rapid Prototyping Machine
- CNC Bench-top Mill
- Plastics Injection Molding & Finishing Equipment
- Stratasys Rapid Prototyping Machine
- Electronics Fab and Testing Equipment
- Smarttech Interactive Whiteboard & Digitizer
- Polycom Videoconferencing Bridge
- Networked workstations and full suite of software tools supporting both open source and commercial IT environments