The mission of the
science team of Fox Valley Technical College is to provide students
with a science foundation, so that they may recognize and apply science
concepts in their programs, their careers and their daily lives.
We will strive to:
- provide students with the tools to develop logical analytical thinking skills
- develop in students an awareness of the need for lifelong learning
- foster in students a sense of responsibility
- help students recognize, appreciate and develop their abilities
- encourage and support each other
The science department serves several programs at FVTC with a variety of science courses in anatomy and physiology
, biology, biochemistry
Please check the current course catalog for prerequisite information for the science courses.
The science department works closely with the ABE (Adult Basic Education) area to provide relevant program prep courses to help students prepare for science courses.
- Prep for Basic Biology
- Prep for Basic Chemistry
The science department uses Blackboard
Blackboard is a web-based learning environment used at Fox Valley Technical College to enable educators to enhance on-campus learning and/or deliver distance-only learning by bringing their course materials, class discussions, assignments and assessments to the Web.