Staff Password Protection
Passwords protect you and the college from unauthorized access to personal information about yourself, other faculty and staff members and students. Information Technology will be requiring all staff to change their network/e-mail password one time per year and old passwords cannot be used until you have changed your password 10 times.
To protect college and personal information:
- Do NOT share your password with anyone
- Do NOT write or affix your password and keep near your workstation
When changing your network password we recommend the following safe practices concerning passwords:
- Passwords should be a minimum of 8 characters long and cannot exceed 16 characters
- Passwords should contain at least three of the following four types of characters:
- lowercase letters
- uppercase letters
- special characters (e.g., !@#$%^&*()_+)
- Passwords CANNOT contain your network ID
- Passwords CANNOT contain spaces
- Passwords should NOT contain easy to guess words, names of family members, or pets
- Passwords should NOT be reused
- Passwords should NOT be the same as passwords for home and personal use
Create or Change Your Network Password
Choose ONE of the following options
This will link you to specific instructions. In most cases, you will only need to change your password once for most if not all FVTC systems and logins (see exceptions below).
Password Change Exceptions
- Your Time and Labor Password will NOT change with the options above.
- Any passwords for external, outside of FVTC systems (such as logins for data reporting, professional organizations or other administrative sites not built or designed by FVTC) will NOT change with the options above.
For additional assistance or questions, please contact the FVTC Help Desk at (920) 735-5644.
Phones are staffed 7 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Friday.