Federal Employment Workshop
Thursday, February 21, 2013
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Fox Valley Technical College - Appleton Campus
Use Entrance 16
Join representatives from Student Employment Services and the State of Wisconsin DWD/Office of Veterans Services for information on how to prepare for and pursue federal employment.
Topics that will be covered during the workshop:
- Creating a Federal Resume
- Gathering the Proper Documentation Needed to Apply for Federal Employment
- How to Find Jobs Within the Federal Government
- Deciphering a Federal Job Announcement
- Available Programs for Those Who are Seeking Employment With the Federal Government
- And More!
This event is free to attend and open to the public. No registration necessary.
The Federal Employment Workshop can help you take advantage of many employment opportunities:
- 2.2 million non-military civilians are employed by the federal government; nearly 2% of the nation's workforce
- The average federal employee earns over $81,000 per year; nearly double what the average worker from the private sector earns annually
- Federal employment opportunities exist in a wide variety of fields,
such as accounting, administrative support, business management, IT,
health, criminal justice, manufacturing, truck driving, and more!
Appleton- Room E135, (920) 735-5627
Oshkosh- Room 101, (920) 231-5627
Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m.-6:00
Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Office of Veterans Services
Department of Workforce Development
Fox Valley Job Center
1802 Appleton Road
Menasha, WI 54952