Agriculture Center Expansion
Why is this project necessary?
To accommodate 87% enrollment growth in ag-related programs since 2008. The Need:
- Agriculture is one of the largest industry sectors in the state, and program enrollments continue to grow.
- The number of full-time equivalent (FTE) students taking agriculture-related classes has jumped nearly 87% in the past four years alone.
- Since the last facility expansion 14 years ago, numerous new programs have been added without any additional space. The need for lab and classroom space extends across all related program areas.
- Respond to the agri-business industry's need for graduates to fill skilled positions both on and off farm.
- Expand facility capacity to properly support student enrollment that has doubled as a result of new program options and interest in this industry.
The plan will repurpose and remodel space into instructional labs that provide critical hands-on learning opportunities for students. The addition of new space will be used for classrooms and computer labs that support all agri-business programming.
Preliminary Conceptual Plan (as of September 2012):
Click on preliminary image to view larger.