The admissions process for the Pilot Program is broken down into two checklists. Please note that entrance into the pilot specific courses is based on the completion of checklists 1 and 2.
Core coursework in the Aeronautics-Pilot Training and Aeronautics-Professional Pilot Program begins in Fall only each year. Students may enter the program in Spring but may only take General Education courses.
Applicants currently holding a Private Pilot Certificate must schedule a Private Pilot Credit Transfer Assessment with a FVTC flight instructor no earlier than January 1 prior to the fall Pilot courses of that calendar year.
CHECKLIST #1: Acceptance to Fox Valley Technical College
- Apply to Fox Valley Technical College (includes $30 nonrefundable fee)
- Submit transcripts
- Complete the admissions assessment
- Contact Amy Rachubinski at (920) 236-6112 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a tour and/or program interview.
- Contact Amy Rachubinski at (920) 236-6112 or email@example.com to confirm your intention to complete FVTC's private pilot course OR let us know that you have, or are working on, your license elsewhere and will need only to schedule a transfer check ride.
- Official high school transcripts or GED/HSED certification scores sent at the time of application. Current high school students must submit an in-progress transcript at the time of application and an official final transcript after graduation.
CHECKLIST #2: Requirements for Pilot Specific Courses
Once these items are completed, you will receive information in March regarding the New Student Registration Session to take place in April.
- Apply for financial aid (if necessary)
- Accuplacer Arithmetic score of 46 (65 needed for enrollment in Tech Math 1A) or ACT Math 18 or equivalent Program Prep course.
- Accuplacer Sentence score of 83 or ACT English 18 or equivalent Program Prep course.
- Accuplacer Reading score of 54 or ACT Reading 18 or equivalent Program Prep course.
- Submit a 1st or 2nd Class Medical Certificate issued within the last 12 months by an FAA-approved Aviation Medical Examiner (AME). A 3rd Class Certificate is NOT acceptable. A student pilot certificate should be obtained at the time of the exam. Please indicate this when setting up your appointment.
- Supply verification of citizenship. This requirement can be completed in one of the following ways:
If you are not a U.S. citizen, you must contact instructor Jared Huss: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- United States Passport,
- An official birth certificate AND driver’s license, OR
- Certificate of Naturalization AND driver’s license.
The Pilot programs are in high demand. Spots in pilot specific courses are limited and are offered on a first-come-first-serve basis. Completing all checklist items does not guarantee a spot. It is in your best interest to submit these items as soon as possible. Send application materials to:
Fox Valley Technical College
3601 Oregon St
Oshkosh, WI 54902
For more information or to schedule a tour
Call or email Amy
at (920) 236-6112 or email@example.com