"How do I Activate my GI Benefits at FVTC?"
To Activate your Federal GI Benefits, Submit the Following to FVTC Veterans Services:
- Kicker or Buy-up Documentation (if applicable).
- If you've relinquished a benefit to become eligible for Post 9/11 (Ch. 33), please provide documentation regarding your previous eligibility.
VA Form 22-1995
(pdf) (only if you've previously used Federal GI benefits at another institution).
When using Federal GI Education Benefits, please keep in mind:
- If you are a guest student wanting to use your GI benefits at FVTC and your primary school, you must provide FVTC Veterans Services with a 'Parent School Approval Letter' which verifies the course taken at FVTC will be credited toward your primary program. FVTC can only certify your 'guest' credits once this letter is received.
- Only courses required for your degree program(s) will be funded.
- Accelerated or short courses could affect your monthly stipend payments.
- You may be required to repay overpayments to FVTC or the VA for 'W' and 'F' grades.
NOTE: You must request to be certified each semester. Please refrain from requesting certification until after your schedule is set and changes are unlikely. Immediately notify FVTC Veterans Services of any schedule changes, including: drops, swaps, withdrawals, or additions.
To Activate your Wisconsin GI Benefits, Submit the Following to FVTC Veterans Services:
- WDVA 2031 Form (the WDVA will forward a copy to FVTC once your application is processed).
- Discharge Papers/DD-214 (visit the National Archives to request your copy if necessary).
When using the WI GI Bill, please keep in mind:
- If you are a spouse or child of a veteran using WI GI benefits at FVTC, documentation such as a marriage license or birth certificate will be required.
- The WI GI Bill does not waive 100% of tuition and fees. It only waives the 'program' and 'classroom material' fees. You are responsible for paying the uncovered portion including text books and other materials.