Withdrawing from Courses and No Passing Grades 

The federal government has issued guidelines for those students receiving federal funds (Title IV Aid).  Financial aid is earned.  Withdrawing from courses, a program, or having a term with no passing grades (Fs, Ws or a combination of both) may result in having to return unearned aid. This means that any funds covering all or a portion of course fees and books, including funds received via a refund check are required to be returned. Any refund(s) remaining in the student's account will be applied toward the balance of the repayment.

Repayment will result in a hold being placed on the student's account. Registration for any additional courses at FVTC will be denied until repayment is made in full. If repayment for a PELL Grant is not made, notice of the outstanding repayment will be forwarded to the U.S. Department of Education for collection. This could have a serious affect on the student's credit rating. The student will be ineligible to receive future financial aid at FVTC or any other school until repayment is made in full.

If the student registers for two consecutive nine-week courses and withdraws from the second course before it begins, the credit load will be recalculated to determine if a return of funds is necessary.
Three Graduates photo

   Maintained by:

   Stacy Doran

   Last Modified:
   11/1/2013 10:27:23 AM