Welcome to JobSeekers Network
FVTC Appleton Campus
1825 N. Bluemound Dr.
JSN - 11:30 am - 12:50 pm
Room G139 - Use Entrance 6
(Through May 12th)
Room A154 - Use Entrance 15
(Starting May 19th)
LinkedIn Lesson - 12:45 pm - 1:00 pm
Same Room as JSN
LinkedIn Advising - 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Until May 29th
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Room A160 A & B
Use Entrance 15
Oshkosh Riverside Campus
150 N. Campbell Road
JSN - 9:30 am - 10:30 pm
LinkedIn Lesson - 10:30 am - 10:45 am
What is JobSeekers Network?
>>>View this YouTube Video to find out!
It’s a group of job seekers that meets weekly year-round using a systematic project management job search process to explore resources and job leads, exchange information, and provide support and direction.
Looking for employment can be a lonely venture and hard on self-esteem.
That’s why we’ll team up to:
- Share job search goals and overcome barriers
- Develop, implement, and manage your job search project plan
- Learn about the most effective job search techniques and how to use them
- Expand your networking contacts and use them to successfully market yourself to achieve your goal in less time
- Practice communicating your core message: the brief marketing message that explains your goal and the benefits you can provide your target employer
- Improve your research skills, including your online job-hunting skills
What isn’t JobSeekers Network?
- Take the fear out of finding a job using knowledge, effort, and support
First, it’s not a group that will find you a job. The group will hold you accountable for that. But if you make the effort, it will provide the means and resources to improve the quality of your search and speed up positive results.
Second, the group is not where you should come to define your unknown career goals. If you don’t know what field you’re interested in, we direct you to the Career Counseling Department at Fox Valley Technical College or the Career Analysis and Development course offered by the College. Contact Career Counseling at (920)735-5696 for information. When your career or job goal is more defined, then it’s time to come to JobSeekers Network (JSN).
Contact Student Employment Services if you have questions or would like more information on JSN at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-735-5627.