NOTE: This event has been canceled until further notice.
70th Annual Farm Tour
Wednesday, April 8
9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Area farms and agriculture businesses in Brown and Calumet Counties
Open to anyone interested in learning about innovative and effective production agriculture practices, new dairy cattle housing, milking/milking facilities, grain handling, and shop maintenance.
9:45 a.m. - Arrive at Van Abel’s of Hollandtown (8108 County Trunk D, Kaukauna, WI)
10 a.m. - Peterson Farm Brothers Presentation
11 a.m. - Lunch
12 p.m. - Choice of Tour/Presentation
2 p.m. - Depart from Van Abel’s
COST: $10 per person. The fee will be collected at Van Abel’s or when loading the bus.
There are three great options for your afternoon tour. Please choose ONE option:
Option A: Bus will take you to:
- CP Feeds Wrightstown: Tour the infrastructure of the state-of-the-art facility constructed in 2018.
- Total Grain Services, LLC and Tinedale Farms, LLC: Tour of the grain facility, and their shop where they maintain their fleet of equipment.
Option B: Bus will take you to:
- Country Aire Farms, LLC: Tour the freestall barn, sand recycling system, manure handling system, and their feed and commodity storage.
- Hornstead Dairy, LLC: Tour their recently built GEA parlor, Future Cow prep system, Apollo automatic post dip system, and Metatron milk metering system.
Option C: Stay at Van Abel’s and hear from:
- Peterson Farm Brothers: How to effectively use social media to promote agriculture.
- Kelly Country Creamery: How they got their on-farm creamery and ice cream stand started.
You may drive directly to Van Abel’s, or get on a bus at one of the sites below. Buses will depart promptly according to the following schedule:
8:45 a.m. - FVTC-Clintonville Regional Center parking lot
8:45 a.m. - FVTC-Oshkosh Advanced Manufacturing Technology Center (4200 Poberezny Rd.)
9 a.m. - New London-Crystal Falls Restaurant and Banquet Hall
9 a.m. - FVTC-Appleton - SMC Agriculture Center
Due to high demand you must RSVP by March 31. Please contact Brittany Detert at the FVTC Agriculture Center at 920-735-5672 or email email@example.com. Space is limited to the first 325 people.
Co-sponsoring the Annual Farm Tour are: Keller Structures, L & L Sales and Service, GreenStone Farm Credit Services, AgSource, area DeLaval, and GEA Farm Technologies dealers.