Sly Fox, the refreshed Fox Valley Technical College mascot, was officially unveiled on Wednesday, September 5 at the Appleton campus. Sly made his grand entrance at our Fall Kick-Off event.
Mascots like Sly build school spirit and pride. They help attract new students, bring a feeling of camaraderie to campus, boost community outreach efforts and add entertainment value to events.
The refreshed Sly Fox mascot and mark is a combined effort between the FVTC Student Life Center and the FVTC College Marketing department. It was important for the new mascot to look professional, fun and confident. The new identity has received positive feedback from student focus groups: "It will make us stand out among other colleges." "The fox looks confident, poised and ready." "I would be proud to wear one of these t-shirts."
Sly’s origins at FVTC date back as far as 1969:
- 1969: The Sly One: Freddie the Fox is born
- 1971: Dear Fred column in student newspaper
- 1975: Foxes International Den in cafeteria
- 1985: Dear Foxy advice column in student newspaper
- 1987: Freddie Fox refreshed
- 2008: Sly Fox is born
- 2018: Fox Valley Tech Foxes: Sly Fox is refreshed and a new mascot identity is created
See photo gallery below for a visual timeline.