We’re living in unusual times and many of us are experiencing the stress associated with trying to manage competing demands. This combined with constant news feeds, buzzing phone notifications, and remaining isolated at home can take a toll on our mental health. It’s important to make time to breathe, allow our minds to focus, and be present in the moment.
Join Mike Steger, Licensed Professional Counselor, for 20 minutes of meditation. Mike is the newest counselor on the Fox Valley Technical College team with years of experience in meditation, stress management practices, and mental health counseling.
Held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from Monday, April 27 through Friday, May 29, 2020.
- Mondays 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays 10 a.m.
- Fridays 10 a.m.
Students are encouraged to participate on-going in this virtual offering. No prior experience with meditation required. Take time to refocus so you can be more effective in focusing on the people who rely on you!
Please use this link to join: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/07fa1b6a2b204738b4e72fd2495c94eb
- Learn how to disconnect from stress
- Learn a new method of relaxation
- Set aside time that is exclusively for you
- Learn the difference between pain and suffering, and how to live your life with minimal suffering
- Learn how to deal effectively with the voice inside your head telling you negative thoughts
- Learn how to be content doing nothing more than focusing on a singular activity such as your breathing or visual field.
- Learn how acceptance leads to increased control over important things in your life
- Learn how to engage in the practice in any environment: sitting down, walking, with your eyes closed or open