Forward Fox Valley Tech
Fox Valley Technical College is moving forward this fall.
After closing buildings in March 2020, the college is cautiously emerging from the COVID-19 pandemic and looking ahead at what’s next.
“We will have a full set of offerings this fall,” says college president Dr. Susan May. “If a class can be completed remotely, that will be our first method of delivery. However, since many of our programs are hands-on, we will have lab time available for students to practice skills.”
Throughout the summer, campuses have been open to current students needing to complete hands-on assignments missed due to being closed this past spring. Building access has been limited, however by August 3, the college plans to start resuming limited services, with the fall semester beginning August 24.
Historically at the forefront of identifying employer needs in the region, FVTC looks to boost its connections to industry even more now. College instructional leaders are collaborating with businesses this summer to prepare fall coursework that will help rebuild the local economy. Infusing the local workforce with skill sets that address a new norm also gives students a unique chance to excel.
"Our students' ability to adapt to new challenges has been extraordinary, and we are helping them become resilient and even better prepared for opportunities in the economic recovery," May notes. "Although we’d rather be conducting business as usual, this experience will only strengthen their marketability in years to come."
"Fox Valley Tech is a great option for those looking to complete their education close to home and at an affordable price," says chief academic officer Chris Matheny. “Many of our credits transfer to four-year colleges, so you don’t have to put your education on hold."
Here’s what to expect this fall: READ COMPLETE PLAN
- All program offerings will be available.
- Flexible learning options.
- Smaller class sizes.
- More one-on-one time with instructors.
- A safe learning environment.
- At the Appleton campus, all doors will be open during regular business hours for prospective students and current students who need services related to their coursework. View building hours >>
- On-campus services will be limited. We recommend contacting us via phone or email.
- Visitors and students will be asked to self-screen upon entering. Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 should not visit campus.
- In all areas, use of cloth face coverings is required.
- Informational or capacity-related signage will be posted on entrances, offices, classrooms and labs.
- Common spaces and lounging areas will be generally unavailable to avoid gatherings.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols are in place.
- Reporting and contact tracing processes are taking place in conjunction with state and local health agencies.
Read the full plan at www.fvtc.edu/Forward >>
Fox Valley Technical College has taken a conservative and flexible approach to its return-to-campus plan. The college’s top priority is the health and safety of students, staff and faculty. For now, most faculty and staff continue to work from home. Matheny says that for a college that's known for its hands-on training, "our hope is to get back to that as quickly as possible, but also as safely as possible."
"The college's enrollment numbers are looking strong compared to recent years," adds Matheny, "and faculty are eager to train our next generation of problem-solvers in various innovative formats."