Student Accident Insurance

Mandatory Student Accident Only Insurance Plan

All Wisconsin Technical College students active in an associate degree, technical diploma and/or certificate program, and currently enrolled in classes, will be automatically enrolled.

Plan Details

Who is eligible?

All students active in an associate degree, technical diploma and/or certificate program, and currently enrolled in classes, will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the Wisconsin Technical Colleges Mandatory Accident Only Insurance Plan. Apprenticeship, non-credit, avocational and distance learning online students are not eligible. However, online students who physically attend the college for academic purposes are eligible.

When am I covered?

Eligible students are covered while on campus, attending or participating in a college-sponsored or recognized activity, including practicums. This includes traveling to or from the Covered Person's home, and campus, within the entire state of Wisconsin. The covered travel time includes the period before the Covered Person's required attendance time and the period after his dismissal or when he completes any extra duties.

International travel is covered, but cannot exceed two hours each way.

Coverage is in place while on school premises, during school hours, and on school days.

Coverage is in place to and from a school sponsored event within the entire state of Wisconsin.

How much does the plan cost?

The cost of the plan is automatically included as part of your tuition & fees. You will not receive a separate bill for this insurance plan. The 2023 cost per student is $4.50 per semester.

What is covered under the plan?

When an accident occurs while on campus, attending a college-related practicum program or other recognized student group approved by the college or during travel to and from a program, the plan offers comprehensive benefits that include hospital room and board, inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures, labs and x-rays, physician office visits, ambulance, durable medical equipment, emergency care and prescription drugs. The maximum benefit allowed for each accident is $50,000.

Services are covered at 100% of Reasonable and Customary Charges with no deductible. Please refer to the Schedule of Benefits listed under Plan Information for complete details regarding coverage, limitations, and exclusions.

Schedule of Benefits

Do I get an ID card?

ID cards are available online. To print an ID card, click the button below, then choose Account Home from the menu on the left.

If you're a first-time visitor, you will need to create an account. Otherwise, log in and select Authorize Account located on the left under Account Information. Once your account has been authorized, select Account Home and Generate ID Card

Print ID Card

Does this plan have a deductible?

No, the Wisconsin Technical Colleges Accident Only Insurance Plan does not have a deductible. Deductible means the amount for which you are responsible before payment is made by the claims company.

Can I go to any doctor or hospital?

Yes, you can go to any licensed provider.

If I have a claim for services, what should I do?

Physicians should bill the claims administrator. The billing information is on the back of your accident insurance ID card that you print off the website. However, if do you receive a bill or you paid for a service and need to be reimbursed, you should submit your bill (and proof of payment if seeking reimbursement) and Completed Claim Form to the claims administrator (selecting your school from the drop-down menu and clicking, “Claims Company”). Make sure your name, insurance ID number, and school name are on the bill and make a copy for your records.

Submissions should be sent to:
Health Special Risk, Inc. (HSR)
HSR Plaza II, 4100 Medical Parkway
Carrollton, TX  75007

Can I purchase coverage after the policy terminates?

No, there is no option to continue coverage after this policy terminates.

Additional Information

Still have questions? Check out the list of Frequently Asked Questions.

Learn More

Need Assistance?

If you need assistance, visit any FVTC location or contact us:

Email: Admissions
Admissions Center
Appleton, Room E112
Email: Admissions Specialist
Call: 920-735-4740
Text: 920-294-1738
International Students
Email: International Student Services Office