Research shows convincingly and conventional wisdom demonstrates that emotional intelligence (EI/EQ) is more important than IQ in almost every role and many times more important in leadership roles. It is the ability to identify, assess, and control your own emotions and to be sensitive to the emotions of others. The good news is that emotional intelligence can be and must be developed.
Complete an insightful emotional intelligence assessment, explore emotional intelligence best practices and develop personalized action plans to further enhance these abilities and traits for your organizational leaders. Individual or group assessment and facilitated coaching is available.
- Illuminating and empowering emotional intelligence data, context and insights
- Four key factors about an individual's behavior
- Leveraging the insights of self-awareness and relationship management to help prevent problems
- Creating a personalized and targeted action plan
- Best practices for emotional intelligence and successfully engaging team members, peers and managers