Truck Driving Customized & Refresher Training
The Fox Valley Technical College Transportation Center takes pride that we have the professionalism and industry knowledge to customize our programs to meet your specific needs. Customized training includes industry partnership programs, refresher and remedial training, driver evaluations, third-party testing and examiner training, twin-trailer operations, and school bus or motor coach training. Together we can make our nation's highways a safer place.
As an industry leader in truck driver training, we provide the staff, equipment and expertise to train your employees for a driving career. Explore our many service options or request a consultation with a truck driving specialist.
**Industry Partnership Program**
- Fox Valley Technical College, an industry leader in truck driver training, can provide the staff, equipment, and expertise to prepare your employees for a driving career. Your employees will receive 172 hours of classroom, lab, and on-the-road instruction while working toward a Class 'A' Commercial Drivers License. They will also attend a one-day *Decision Driving Workshop*. Classes are four weeks in length and start dates are every week depending on availability. A Train-the-Trainer 5-day series is also available to qualify your trainers.
**Ready Mixed Concrete Driver Training**
- This one-week customized program is designed to prepare drivers for the ready mixed concrete industry. Training includes combined classroom, lab and on-the-road instruction specific to the ready mixed concrete industry. Upon completion of this training participants will be able to identify concrete properties and testing methods, understand common sense approaches to solving problems that may arise while operating a concrete truck; and maintain customer relations and respect/care for concrete production and delivery equipment.
**Refresher or Remedial Training**
- The refresher program includes, but not limited to, training items such as: pre-trip inspections, backing items, skid control, defensive driving, hazard perception items, hours of service, and of course, behind-the-wheel training. Training is customized to meet the needs of our customers. Continuous evaluations with professional staff ensure the proper training and learning is being addressed.
- FVTC has a number of staff who are certified to administer the CDL skills test. You can either bring a qualified vehicle for testing or for those individuals who are unable to provide a vehicle for the test, FVTC can, in most instances, provide one. An additional fee will be administered for this application.
**Third-Party Examiner Training**
- A required 50-hour training program, designed by the state and delivered by FVTC staff for administering a commercial driver's license road test.
- A training session on twin-trailer operation is offered for experienced tractor-trailer drivers. The course is designed to familiarize experienced drivers with the unique operational requirements for twin-trailers.
**Additional Customized Training Opportunities**
- Driver Evaluations
- Pre-hire / Post-hire Evaluations
- Pre-trip / Post-trip Inspections
- Cargo or Load Containment
- Hours of Service
- CSA Review