Nitrous Oxide Inhalation Analgesia for Dental Hygienist
Hours: 8.00 | Estimated Cost: $475.00
Patient anxiety has always been a major issue in dental offices. Beginning in 2016, the state of Wisconsin granted dental hygienists the ability to administer nitrous oxide analgesia to their patients under the direction of a dentist. Gain the skills to confidently administer nitrous oxide analgesia as a Wisconsin dental hygienist. Learn about nitrous oxide benefits, its long-term safety record, best clinical practices, legal and pharmacology aspects, patient anxiety and equipment considerations.
Specialized certification in nitrous oxide administration is granted upon successful completion of the board-approved course and practice inductions through the accredited FVTC dental hygiene program. Giving this option during dental hygiene care enhances the delivery of patient care, resulting in a satisfied patient experience. Consequently, patients return for ongoing care and improved oral health will be appreciated by both the patient and dental providers.
* Benefits of nitrous oxide analgesia
* Long term safety record of nitrous oxide
* Best clinical practices and legal aspects for nitrous oxide inhalation in Wisconsin
* Pharmacology of nitrous oxide
* Physiological and psychological aspects of anxiety
* Contraindications for nitrous oxide inhalation analgesia
* Nitrous oxide equipment and troubleshooting problems
Benefits & Outcomes
* Increased patient comfort during procedures
* Safe and effective
* Short recovery time
* Easy to administer