Hours: 40.00 | Estimated Cost: $1,300.00
Learn essential locksmith skills in this comprehensive 5-day course. Locksmiths and security professionals play an integral role in safeguarding businesses and homes. Professional locksmiths must be able to properly install, service and repair locks and other mechanical or electronic locking devices.
This hands-on training is taught by a Certified Master Locksmith and is designed to prepare individuals for entry-level employment in the field of locksmithing. It is also essential training for building engineers and maintenance personnel tasked with servicing and maintaining the locks, hardware, and key systems for facilities.
Students work with a wide array of key machines, tools and service equipment and install, service, and rekey a broad selection of residential and commercial locks.
- Identifying and duplicating keys
- Cutting keys on assorted key machines
- Rekeying popular lock cylinders
- Originating keys by code
- Servicing pin and disc tumbler cylinders
- Servicing cabinet and office furniture locks
- Opening locks with picks and bypass methods
- Servicing and installing popular door locks
- Master keying and key systems
- Best practices and record keeping
- Life safety codes
Benefits & Outcomes
- Hands-on sessions ensure that you understand and can perform the skills
- Industry-recognized trainer can adapt subject matter to your needs
- Additional training available to build on these units
Ideal for building engineers, facilities/property managers, and those considering a locksmith career.