Program Code: 10-116-1
Print Program Overview and Courses
Associate Degree: Approximately 2 Years, 67 Credits
Financial Aid Eligible
Night Classes Only—Hybrid/Accelerated Format Only
As a Human Resources (HR) program graduate, you will use your excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills as you assist managers and directors with various HR activities.
Your duties may include recruiting and selecting employees, developing and implementing compensation and benefits packages, overseeing legal compliance, coordinating and conducting new employee orientations, and coordinating employee training and education.
The combination of a variety of work and the opportunity to meet and work with many people makes this an exciting and challenging career choice.
The Human Resources associate degree program prepares you with general skills in communication, human relations and business fundamentals. In addition, you will develop Human Resources specific skills in areas such as recruiting, coordinating hiring and orientation processes, maintaining personnel records and information systems, administering benefits and safety programs, and coordinating employee training and recognition programs.
Upon graduation, you may be employed in a Human Resources Department in a variety of manufacturing, commercial, nonprofit or governmental organizations.
Program/Plan Admission Requirements
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
Program Offered at This Location
- Communicate using excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Apply analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Recruit qualified candidates for available positions and facilitate the hiring process.
- Coordinate and conduct new employee orientations.
- Maintain personnel records and human resources information systems.
- Administer employee benefits programs.
- Organize health and safety programs.
- Coordinate employee training and education.
- Plan and implement employee relations activities.
- Demonstrate the following professional traits: friendliness, proactive listening, flexibility, positive attitude, confidentiality, consistency, detail orientation, empathy, and good business sense.
- Appleton—1825 N. Bluemound Drive
For additional program/admission information, View Program Plan.