Early Childhood Education
Program Code: 10-307-1
Print Program Overview and Courses
Associate Degree: 2 Years, 70 Credits
Financial Aid Eligible
Also Offered in Accelerated Format (Must be currently employed in a licensed early childhood education setting and have 1,500 hours of previous experience.)
The key goal of the associate degree Early Childhood Education program is to educate learners for professional roles in a diverse early childhood education field.
You will have supervised experience with children throughout this two-year program. Flexible scheduling for part-time and year-round study is possible. Classes are held at the Appleton campus and some are offered over the Internet.
Program/Plan Admission Requirements
- An Accuplacer Reading Score of >=54 or successful completion of the appropriate Program Prep class is required prior to registering for the following program classes: 10-307-178 ECE: Art, Music & Language Arts; and, 10-307-174 ECE: Practicum 1.
- A physical exam and CBC is required prior to 10-307-174 ECE Practicum 1 placement.
- Program requires successful completion of a Criminal Background Check and a Caregiver Background Check. This means that you will have to verify that you have NO record with the Department of Justice and the Department of Children and Families that would prohibit you from working in a career-related profession. You will be asked to complete the check prior to your participation in a practicum placement.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
Program Offered at This Location
- Apply child development theory to practice.
- Cultivate relationships with children, family, and the community.
- Assess child growth and development.
- Use best practices in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Integrate health, safety, and nutrition practices.
- Appleton—1825 N. Bluemound Drive
For additional information, visit our department website at www.fvtc.edu/earlychildhood.
For additional program/admission information, View Program Plan.