Wildland Fire Advanced Equipment Training
Program Code: 20-058-1
Designed to give advanced training in equipment used in wildland fire, structural fire, law enforcement, and natural resources for both students and career professionals.
- Includes GPS data collection on a variety of devices, fire and farm-type equipment used in the field, chainsaw training. Students will discover free GPS advanced software for their Android phones.
- Participants will be able to efficiently gather field data and use equipment safely and efficiently.
- Classes offered in a compressed timeline. GPS class will be held nights and weekends.
- Meets the suggested elective criteria for Wildland Firefighter program which then transfers to UW Oshkosh for a BAS in Fire and Emergency Response Management. May also count as suggested electives in other programs.
- NWCG S-212 certification.
Other Law Enforcement & Public Safety-related certificates:
- Child Protection Investigator
- Crime Prevention
- Criminal Investigator
- Criminal Justice Executive Development Institute
- Cyber Crime Investigation
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Advanced
- Evidence Technician
- Evidence Technician - Advanced
- Exploring Public Safety Careers
- Fire Investigator
- Loss Prevention Specialist
- Private Investigation Specialist
To begin, contact:
Fox Valley Technical College
1825 N. Bluemound Drive
P.O. Box 2277
Appleton, WI 54912-2277