Family Child Care
Program Code: 20-307-5
Not Financial Aid Eligible
For family child care providers or individuals seeking to become family child care providers. Students will examine the unique aspects of family child care with a strong emphasis on the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) Quality Standards and the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards. Of the four required courses for the certificate, two of the courses are entirely Online and two of the classes are delivered in the Hybrid format. Also the four required courses for the certificate transfer directly into the ECE associate degree program, two will count as core courses (6 credits) and up to two of the courses (3 to 6 credits) will count as electives in the ECE or other associate degree program.
- Serves as a pathway to an associate degree in Early Childhood Education
- Provides continuing education
- May contribute to increased YoungStar rating
- Could benefit family child care providers in the NAFCC accreditation process
- Builds professional practice
To begin, contact:
Fox Valley Technical College
1825 N. Bluemound Drive
P.O. Box 2277
Appleton, WI 54912-2277
Or visit our program website at www.fvtc.edu/earlychildhood to access a brochure.