Transport Trailer Service Technician
Program Code: 20-412-7
The Transport Trailer Service Technician certificate is for anyone who wants
to learn how to perform repairs on semi-trailers. Successful completion of this
certificate will create career opportunities in the transportation industry.
This certificate can be completed in 18 weeks.
Upon completion of this certificate, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate safe procedures and practices for all phases of service and repair of semi-trailers; including handling chemicals and solvents used in repair and cleaning.
- Explain trailer structural theory
- Learn how to repair/replace trailer body panels and doors
- Troubleshoot electrical components and perform repairs to electrical wiring
- Demonstrate how to inspect, troubleshoot, and repair air brakes and anti-lock brake systems and obtain the Federal certification upon successful completion of the test
- Demonstrate how to perform an annual inspection and obtain the Federal certification upon successful completion of the test
- Perform suspension repairs and alignments
- Demonstrate skills in welding and cutting of metals used in the transportation trades
For further information, contact
Instructor, Diesel Department
Admission & Registration Process
- Visit www.fvtc.edu/getstarted to submit an application and $30 application fee.
- Once you receive a letter notifying you of your admission to the certificate, contact Enrollment Services at (920) 735-5645 to register for classes.
NOTE: This certificate is not eligible for federal financial aid.