Program Code: 20-504-7
For current Criminal Justice associate degree students, for those who want to enter the corrections field, and for those currently employed in corrections who want to advance in their careers.
- Enhance your employability.
- Prepare for the job.
- Prepare for promotion.
- Address institutional issues such as the history and development of the penal system, the nature of modern correctional institutions, including programming, services, and inmate populations, and the management of correctional institutions, including policy development, ethics, and administration.
- Examine correctional law, including the Federal and State court systems, prisoner rights, and inmate litigation and the sociology of correctional institution inmate populations and staffing.
- Receive specific training on correctional security, including inmate management, personal protection, equipment and tactics.
- Apply courses as electives in the Criminal Justice A.A.S. program.
- Available entirely online.
Other Law Enforcement & Public Safety-related certificates:
- Child Protection Investigator
- Crime Prevention
- Criminal Investigator
- Criminal Justice Executive Development Institute
- Cyber Crime Investigation
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Advanced
- Evidence Technician
- Evidence Technician - Advanced
- Exploring Public Safety Careers
- Fire Investigator
- Loss Prevention Specialist
- Private Investigation Specialist
- Wildland Fire Advanced Equipment Training
To begin, contact:
Fox Valley Technical College
1825 N. Bluemound Drive
P.O. Box 2277
Appleton, WI 54912-2277