Substance Abuse Counselor Education
Program Code: 20-550-2
For individuals who already hold the Wisconsin substance abuse counselor credential at the SAC-IT level and need additional education and training to meet the DSPS education requirements for the SAC credential.
Other Human Services-related certificates:
- Candidates MUST have completed the SAC-IT Training Certificate or equivalent prior to applying.
- Candidates MUST attend advising session with the department chair prior to applying.
- Courses for this certificate in combination with the courses in the SAC-IT certificate meet the educational requirement for the SAC.
- Students obtain more advanced skills and knowledge to work with substance abusing people, per DSPS regulations.
- Limited online course availability.
- Evening Course Offerings
To begin, contact:
- AODA Specialty Education
- Child Care Administrator
- Substance Abuse Counselor in Training
Greg Delaney, MSE, CSAC
Fox Valley Technical College
1825 N. Bluemound Drive
P.O. Box 2277
Appleton, WI 54912-2277