Industrial Equipment Fundamentals
Program Code: 20-620-2
For people who want to build a foundation of knowledge and skills that are used in industry, including electrical circuits, fluid power, mechanical systems, industrial safety, three-phase electricity, hard-wired control circuits, and troubleshooting.
- All one-credit courses are offered in a flexible schedule mode which is ideal for working adults.
- Courses must be completed during eight-week sessions which begin five times per year.
- Each one-credit course requires approximately four hours of lab attendance per week.
- The lab instructor is available to answer questions and assist with hands-on experiments.
- Students may attend any time the lab is open: Monday through Friday daytime hours and Monday through Thursday evening hours.
- New students must attend a lab orientation. Group orientations are done on the first scheduled day of class at 9:30 a.m. or 6:00 p.m.
- All courses apply directly to the Electromechanical Technology associate degree, and may apply to related diploma or degree programs.
- It is recommended that the math course is taken first. College Technical Math 1A may be substituted for Industrial Maintenance Math.
Other Engineering & Electronic-related Technologies certificates:
- Automation and Maintenance, Advanced
- Broadband Cable Installer
- Building Protection Specialist
- CAD Management
- Computer Rendering and Animation
- ControlLogix PLCs
- Dept. of Transportation Compliance Specialist
- Electronic Communication and Data Cabling
- Electronics Principles
- Electronics, Biomedical
- Electronics, Practical Fundamental
- Energy & Environmental Management
- Energy Management & Control for Buildings
- Engineering, Industrial/Manufacturing
- Environmental Compliance Specialist
- Instrumentation and Process Control
- Intelligent Interface Design & SCADA
- Motors and Variable Speed Drives
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Renewable Energy Engineering Technology
- Telecommunications Field Service
- Telecommunications, Advanced
To begin, contact:
1825 N. Bluemound Drive
P.O. Box 2277
Appleton, WI 54912-2277