Program Code: 20-699-6
Not Financial Aid Eligible
A technical illustrator visually communicates information of a technical nature through the use of infographics, 3D illustrations, product renderings, and animations. They work in many different fields such as manufacturing to create images for users manuals, assembly guides, and workforce training. These skills may also be applied in forensic animations used to describe product malfunctions, crime, and accident scenes. The images and videos developed by technical illustrators are used in printed publications, training videos, websites, television, movies and video games.
- Create 2D and 3D illustrations depicting products, assemblies, processes, and events.
- Develop animations of 3D objects showing movement, process flow, walk-throughs, and fly-bys.
- Manipulate lighting and other effects to create photo-realistic scenes.
- Utilize data from various CAD and solid-modeling software products.
- Complement illustrations with labels, descriptions, explanations and step-by-step instructions.
- Publish products suitable for printing, video production and web design.
Classes offered in flexible formats - Online or Hybrid.
Working Adults, Professional Communicators, engineers, mechanical drafters
Other Professional Communications certificates
- Writing for the Web
- Digital Media
- Writing, Proposal & Grant
To begin, contact:
Fox Valley Technical College
Facebook page: FVTC-Professional-Communications