May 12 - 16, 2014; Class Number - 90630
October 13 - 17, 2014; Class Number - 20019Length:
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.Cost: $415.00
Fox Valley Technical College, Appleton Campus
To REGISTER, click here.Training Limited To:
This five-day training program is specifically designed for experienced uniformed patrol personnel selected to serve as field training officers with probationary employees.Training Topics offered:
- This training emphasizes the FTO's role in assisting probationers to certify for solo patrol operations by applying the knowledge and skills acquired during basic police certification and utilizing them in accordance with department policy, procedures and service delivery standards.
- This training highlights two essential field training and evaluation process skills.
- The ability to examine and objectively document probationer job behaviors and actions utilizing standardized assessment guidelines.
- Analyzing the probationer's training needs and utilizing appropriate instructional techniques for corrective action.
Participants Should Bring:
- The instruction presentation will focus upon discussion as well as hands-on application of the training materials in small group and individual/participant exercises. Participants will be required to complete out-of-classroom reading assignments.
- A copy of your Agencies Probationary Officers Manual and a copy of the Department FTO Policy & Procedures.
David Locke - Field Training Associates